May 2012 Volunteer Trip
INSPIRE!africa’s 3rd volunteer trip will be heading to Rwanda in just over a month! A group of 11 dedicated volunteers will be heading off on a trip of a lifetime that will include teaching English to orphan students at the Learning Centre, visiting projects that INSPIRE!africa has been working hard to support as well as getting the opportunity to meet some awe inspiring people and visit sites throughout Rwanda.
Before the group heads off on their Rwandan adventure, we would welcome any donations of items needed by our Rwandan partners. We would like to help support the local Rwandan economy and buy as many supplies as we can once we arrive. With this in mind any monetary donation to put towards educational materials are much appreciated.
Some items being requested will not be able to be purchased in Rwanda. Below is a list of donation items we are asking for before our departure:
- Manicure items (nail polish- used is fine, files, separators, buffs)
- Hairdressing items (combs, dryers)
- USB sticks
- Ink cartridges for printers: HP office jet pro L7590 & HP desk jet D1530 models
- Women: blouses, skirts, low heeled sandals/shoes, small hand bags
- Men: golf shirts/dress shirts (size small & short sleeved), belts
- Onesies for babies
- Stickers, posters for both young and adult students
- Audio books
- DVD's of popular movies with French/English closed captions
- Music CD's, especially with the lyrics (all types of music, they love country!)
Once again we cannot thank you enough for your support. If you would like to keep up to date on our activities while we are in Rwanda we will be posting updates on facebook (INSPIRE!africa) and twitter (@INSPIREafrica2).
Sponsoring a Student
INSPIRE!africa has proudly been able to sponsor a growing number of students over the years. We are now sponsoring 10 students to complete their secondary education or attend university. We look forward to meeting them in May.
Official Tax Receipts
FigTree Foundation: “As We See It” Photo Exhibition
Congratulations to Margaret McQuiston whose picture “A Rwanda genocide survivor” was bought for $100. The photo was taken in rural Rwanda on the 2010 Volunteer Trip.